Sunday, June 9, 2013

DARTH MAUL Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar 2012 & DARTH VADER (James Earl Jones) Narrates the Bible

I was stunned when I went into a Lego store last year and saw this on the shelf.  It is the most sinister Christmas product I have ever seen.

I can't even imagine the back story to this item within the Lego Star Wars universe.  What would make Darth Maul put on a Santa hat and hold a little snow globe and be the face of an Advent Calendar?  The purpose of an Advent Calendar is a way to celebrate Christmas by counting down the days until  Jesus' birth.

It's not like there aren't enough cuddly Star Wars characters to choose from. An Ewok would look incredibly cute in a Santa hat.



On a similar note, I was at Half Price books when I heard an older woman ask if they had "James Earl Jones Reads The Bible."  Jones, famous for being the voice of Darth Vader, has narrated the bible.  The woman said that her son might be interested in learning about the bible if he heard it being read by Darth Vader.

I thought the son was playing a trick on his mother but the James Earl Jones bible actually exists.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but I will block spam, sales links, ads, etc.