Sunday, May 26, 2013

REVIEW: "Cloud Atlas"

Even though I am a college graduate, it took me about me about 9 hours last night to post three items on the Google Shopping Marketplace.

To make matters worse, I rented "Cloud Atlas" but I had to turn it off. The combination of creating a data feed in the correct format and renting "Cloud Atlas" was lethal.

The book has amazing reviews so I was excited to see the movie.After the first hour, I had to turn it off.  I could not even begin to figure out what was happening.  All I know is that the story jumped back and forth in time and space with the same few actors wearing extreme costumes and special effects makeup. 
Tom Hanks

This is what I did get out of it:

One of Tom Hank's characters was this guy (right).  All I could think of is how he looked like a combination of Jermaine from "The Flight of the Conchords" and latter day George Michael.



The other thing is the babyish language of the future.  It seemed to be based on Lily Tomlin's overgrown child character, Edith Ann.  One of the most used phrases is "true-true" as a substitute for "truth". How did language become less sophisticated in the future?  

If you want to experience "Cloud Atlas" without seeing the movie, plant yourself in front of a TV for three hours and put a weight on the remote control so it continually cycles through all of the channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome but I will block spam, sales links, ads, etc.