Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What Does This Mean? "The Groaning Board" by Charles Addams (1964) Countdown To Halloween

Does anyone know what this cartoon means?  I am assuming this guy is on death row and is about to be led to his execution.(Why else would the minister be there?) I don't understand why he is clogging up his sink with shaving foam.  

It it some sort of payback?  You execute me, I clog your drain and make a huge mess. 

Or is he just so frustrated with the shaving foam, that he is spending his last moments on earth taking his frustration out on the can?

Why would he even have access to shaving foam?  I can't imagine that prisoners on death row are allowed to have razor blades and shaving equipment in their cells.

If anyone has any interpretation, that would be great!




1 comment:

  1. This might be the answer you've been looking for? http://chasaddams.tumblr.com/post/3643492817/dear-dead-days-addams-casket-sunnyside-shave-corpse

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome but I will block spam, sales links, ads, etc.